General Outline for Gate Crew:
- Two people per shift
- There will be four 2-hour shifts over Friday and Saturday.
- 6 total volunteer positions available
- One person on shift must be 18 years or older.
- At least one person on shift must have a cell phone in case of need for contact
- One person must be manning the table at all times, So if one person has to leave for an errand or a bathroom break, the other must stay at the table.
- Must have a general knowlege of the festival's policies and procedures.
- Must attend a training and orientation session at festival location on Friday Aug 18 at 3pm
- Stopping and welcoming all who enter the gate
- Checking to see if participants have registered via eventbright, have special printed tickets, or if they already have thier wrist band (if the latter you may let
- If they have not previously bought an admission, you will be charging people at the gate for admittance.
- Handling cash or processing credit card transactions (There will be a device at the front gate for this use).
- Attaching wrist bands to those who have paid for entrance (different colors for either a day pass, or weekend pass).
- Refer participants to the Policies and procedures of the festival (a copy will be available at the gate if they wish to read it). specifically point out these
- Drinking policy
- Sound curfew
- Personal responsibility
- Show participants the festival map: specifically point out:
- Stage Area
- Camping areas
- Parking Areas
- Offer power and water camping sites, and take payment if they decide to reserve a spot.
- Hand out one festival program per group. If they specifically ask for another you can give it to them.
- After the initial rush of people coming to the gate, this shift can be a little slow at times. it is reccomended that your bring a book or other form of
entertainment for yourself.
- Water will be provided for volunteers at the gate
- There will be a small pavillion which will provide shelter from the sun
- Note there may not be any source of power at the gate (logistics may fix that this year)